Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally something to BLOG about!

So I finally did it. I took all 3 children to Disneyland. I haven't been since Max was 2, that was 5 years ago and I swore I wouldn't do it again. I felt like asking a 2 year old to wait in line for 30-60 minutes per ride was ridiculous, so for that reason I had avoided the place. We've been to Sea World a few times and the San Diego Wild Animal Park, but not Disneyland. But Isaac loves characters...i.e. Woody, Buzz, Mickey Mouse, etc. So I decided that since we had a whole week off for spring break last week, we would give it a try. Hoping for fun, but just expecting an exhausting week, Me, Max, Isaac, Zachary, and my two little sisters, Kacey & Kelli headed for the airport last Sunday. Daisy and her two boys drove over from Phoenix. And guess what!? It was fun! Still a little exhausting, but mostly fun! The lines were short, we walked right onto the BuzzLightyear ride twice, the weather was perfect, and we had a good time!

Zachary and Ian spent most of their time here, but plenty was going on around them for entertainment.
L to R: Ian, Isaac, Jack, Max & Zachary in their matching PJ's.
Isaac, me and Jack with someone that both of these boys wish they could be.
Isaac, Jack & Max in Mickey's car
Jack, Isaac and Max showing off their new hats. Max had to have one since they have crazy hat day at school several times a year and we've never remembered to wear a hat.

We went to the beach in San Clemente and visited Grandma Killpack for 2 days too. The first day there it was a little cool, only about 75 degrees, but day 2 on the beach was perfect! 90 degrees and sunny. I had been avoiding the beach too because last time we went Isaac was 6 months old and that is NOT a fun age at the beach. Zachary is 15 months and he was a lot easier than an infant, so again, pleasantly surprised! We had the beach pretty much to ourselves (except for Mr. Leatherby of course!) and the boys wore themselves out running from waves, looking for sand crabs, throwing rocks in the water and digging in the sand.

Zachary ate lots of sand, he never seemed to tire of it. He always has been my best eater.

So it was lots of fun! I don't know if we'll make it to Disneyland every year, but I'm planning on visiting San Clemente and Grandma Killpack every year from now on.

10 comments:

raegan said...

Looks like a FUN trip. You are a BRAVE woman to do that!!!

Mandy Wollenzien said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Were the boys excited or scared to see Buzz in real life? I'm a little scared of characters. When I was in Disney World with Mary Mr. Incredible was a little handsy. Did you get any pictures of kacey and kelly or did they hide from the cameras?

Annalyse said...

I was so excited to see your comment on my blog. It has been forever since I have seen you. It looks like you and your family are doing great. Your boys are so cute. My kids used to go to Larsen Elementary and I have thought alot of the fun times you and I had when we were little. It's hard to believe that we are getting so old.
I will add you to my blog and try to keep in touch better. We should get together sometime. I would love that.
Take care, Annalyse:)

Natalie said...

looks like you guys had so much fun. No better place to be than Disneyland! I'm glad it wasn't too busy for spring break...there's nothing worse than spending your vacation waiting in line.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Disney is a happy place! I am glad that you went - I just realized ALL the Perkins cousins are BOYS! Whoa! Talk about a challenge. I'm glad the weather cooperated! It looks like fun...P.S. I think I will be ready for new glitter toes at the end of the month...

Susie said...

Mandy, just one question, was it the fat Mr. Incredible or the fit one at the end of the show? JK. Jack was a little hesitant to get close to Buzz, Isaac wasn't as shy but he was in awe, just sort of staring and not knowing what to say. If you wask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says "Buzz Lightyear."
I do have some pictures of Kacey & Kelli, you'll notice Kelli lying behind Zachary at the beach. (I wasn't going to say anything because she's so skinny and someone might have thought it was me:)).

Sandra said...

I love the new look of the blog and the family pic, very cute! I still need to post my Disney pics...I am so behind. Count me in for glitter toes too. :)

One Tired Mom said...

Actually I think that's me lying behind Zachary on the beach. -Daisy

Wanderingfamilies said...

LOVE the new look of the blog! And GREAT family pic at the top!

Unknown said...

wow...one brave momma you are taking three kids to disneyland. I can barely make it to the grocery store with two. Sounds like you had a good time. I remember you spending a lot of time with your grandparents in California. Your new picture is way cute!! What a cute family you have.